Thursday, January 9, 2014

Update on the last post I wrote 2 years ago.


I wanted to show you what became of the quilt I was working on two years ago.

I was very inspired by the colors, the graphics and Alfonse Mucha. I had lots of feedback about adding the swath of color and bubbles.. My mom was not for it. But in my mind it was exactly what I wanted to do. So I cut the center right out of my quilt and inserted color, lots of bright color.




I broke my camera somewhere along the way, so this is a overly bright photo, but you get the idea.

Here is detail of my quilting.



I entered into the 2012 Pacific International Quilt Show, New California Quilters and got it in! That was so cool and such an honor. Better yet, I went to the show and was blown away and completely inspired by what people are capable of. I felt my quilt was made by a novice and it was like a personal challenge for me to try to do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment