Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I did not fall off the face of the planet.

But It felt like it.

I have not been around the web much lately nor have my creative juices been flowing. I have been stressed to the max trying to buy a house. The stress of waiting to find out what various banks and lenders think has turned my eyebrows white ( which I plucked immediately) and my hair is greying at an alarming rate.

You would think that buying a house would not be to difficult with the housing market in complete shambles and empty houses on every street I walk dawn. Wrong, lenders don't seem to want to deal with the self employed. I thought I was part of the American backbone, a small business owner ... Our problem seems to be we earned to much money last year and it is worrisome for the lender...? Is it really a strange thing that my upholstery business has flourished in this harsh economy? I after all fix and repair what people used to throw away and buy new.... Now they cannot afford to be so wasteful and I am making a good living.

I just want to buy my own house not my landlords.

Anyhow, this is the stress that is causing me to age, to disappear and that has stolen my creative energy.

I am willing myself to no longer dwell on it, I have gotten out my wool and my paints, maybe something beautiful will come of this.

2 comments:

  1. Uh oh~ Felting is good for that kind of stress. Especially needle felting....stab, stab, stab.

    Good luck to you in your endeavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are able to buy a house or at least feel at home in the one you are in.
    Isn't it such a pity that the simplest of reqirements..a roof and a place to call our own requires such mammoth and fearful commitment.

    ReplyDelete