Sunday, November 22, 2009

My wool paintings are finially framed!


I still would like a bigger shadowbox, I have other beautiful arrowheads including a large spear head I wanted to display.
On the bottom of the frame and the bottom left, you are seeing awls and needle implements used to sew and manipulate leather and whatever else needed to be sewn.
12"x13" Wetfelt background,
needlefelt portrait
Wool
Jan 9 2009
While this may look like Chief Joseph it is not. The chiefs of these tribes wore very similar ornaments.
This is my rendition of Chief Plenty Coups of the Absaroka or Crow tribe. I know you have all seen him before, but it looks even better in a frame.
I actually framed all my wool paintings now, wohoo! It was a little pricey, but they will be here for my grandchildren not destroyed by my cats....
Now that they are complete I feel I can start another painting. A couple of ideas come from the Art Nueveau style, and because I recently learned that I am a distant cousin of Kay Nielson something related to his work.

1 comment:

  1. It looks gorgeous, Cytel. Glad it didn't end up kitty fodder! Can't wait to see what you do next.

    ReplyDelete