Thursday, January 20, 2011




So I had previously mentioned the Sketchbook Challenge.... This is pretty much what I have done so far this month. I looked at other peoples books and I am amazed how much art they can cram in a page. I'm not generally into drawing I sometimes sketch a quick idea out then translate that into whatever medium I am working with... So this challenge is fun and a great exercise for my creative self.
You will see in a future post that I did indeed make a bunch of wonky squares for a future quilt in colors very similar to those in my drawing.. My cat Fred was most defiantly was curled in a ball while I sewed and sketched. Why, just today I worked in my garden and planted some veggies like lettuce and peas.
Below is another page expressing some ideas and thoughts I had after visiting the San Jose Quilt and Textile Museum.









No comments:

Post a Comment